- Review course, minor, certificate and degree program proposals and changes submitted by degree programs and divisions to verify that the proposal or change does not duplicate, without sufficient justification, a similar course, minor, certificate, or program already existing in the college.
- Ensure that course proposal syllabi adhere to the standards and expectations outlined by the committee (see Components of a Course Syllabus).
- Address curricula modifications resulting from changes to the University’s General Education program and course requirements.
- Offer recommendations on degree program collaboration, specifically on common (core) knowledge and skills.
- Review programs and curricula and offer suggestions for online learning opportunities.