About the CAFNR Grants Office
Our goal is to provide assistance to CAFNR faculty to further the development of their research programs. We’re ready to assist with the grant process from finding funding opportunities to award setup.
The CAFNR Grants Team tries to take care of as much as possible for you, so you can focus on the most important part of getting funding — writing an excellent proposal!
Your Grants Administrator (GA) will offer the following support:
- Read the sponsor’s guidelines and provide you with templates, budget development assistance, and a plan for creating, formatting and finalizing all documents required for submission
- Coordinate with your sub-awardees (if needed) to request the documents required to meet MU and sponsor requirements
- Work with you to develop the project budget
- Collect information needed for the internal approval process, including the listing of Co-PIs at Mizzou and shared credit distribution
- Enter required info into PeopleSoft Grants Module and collect required approvals
- Review the proposal documents for compliance with the guidelines and suggest changes
- Assemble the final proposal for submission and send it to you for approval before submitting it to Sponsored Programs Administration
- Respond to any requests for revisions or changes from you
- Send the proposal to Sponsored Programs Administration for their review and submission to the sponsor
- Coordinate with Sponsored Programs Administration on any additional needs in order to get the award setup and the MoCode issued
CAFNR Grants Team
Each member of the CAFNR Grants Team has a unique set of skills and experiences, so please feel free to ask for additional services, such as a grammar review, and we would be happy to oblige if you provide us enough time to do so before submission.
- Jeri Lou Zimmerman, Director, 573-882-0095, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Angie Hake, Grant Writer, 573-882-0983, email@example.com
- Monica Flynn, Grant Writer, 573-882-4659, firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Lankitus, Grant Writer, 573-884-2999, email@example.com
The CAFNR Grants Team is part of the CAFNR Office of Research, led by Shibu Jose, associate dean of research and director of the Missouri Agriculture Experiment Station, 573-882-7488, firstname.lastname@example.org