Online Teaching Certification Requirements starting Fall 2021 Semester
Beginning on the first day of the Fall 2021 semester, certification for instructors of record who teach online classes will be required by the first day of the semester that those classes are being offered.
- Keep Learning is a resource for instructors, students and staff.
- Teaching Tools has resources and solutions for:
- Assessment and how to deliver exams remotely,
- Content and storage,
- Learning management,
- Media, and
Canvas and Panopto
Canvas is a cloud-hosted learning management platform. Panopto is a lecture capture and presentation recording tool integrated within Canvas.
- Canvas Info on MU Teaching Tools
- Panopto Info on MU Teaching Tools
- How to install the Panopto Recorder Application
- On university-owned computers, please locate the Panopto installer located in “Software Center”. If it fails, restart and try again.
- On personal computers, Panopto is available as a download from Canvas.
- Note: Some students have reported that they cannot view recording if they are in a playlist. To avoid using playlists, be sure to select the appropriate course folder before recording your presentation.
- Eric Aldrich and Boden Lyon (MU Course Design & Technology) presented Using Canvas, Zoom and Panopto: Recording from March 13, 2020 (Zoom ~24:15; Panopto ~40:00)
Zoom Videoconferencing — videoconferencing software that may be integrated with Canvas or used as a standalone application.
- Zoom Info on MU Teaching Tools
- Quick start guide to Zoom – information on how to install Zoom applications on your desktop, laptop and handheld device.
- Zoom Meeting: Step-by-step guide to using Zoom to record a lecture (PowerPoint PDF)
- Connect to a Zoom Meeting (Video)
- Schedule a Zoom Meeting (Video)
- Keeping out unwanted Zoom Participants
Electronic Advising – Zoom on MU Connect
- MU Connect allows you to set up Zoom as a “location” for advising appointments.
- Instructions for setting up Zoom as an appointment location on MU Connect: missouri.app.box.com/s/llfg14wwr5itar51k4ij8jdxsy6u7zxp (PDF)
- Instructions for setting up a “waiting room” in Zoom: missouri.app.box.com/s/ker6kr4lcj0abwhq7ii4mzv5s2goy9vk (PDF) (NOTE: this is an important step because anyone with the link can access your Zoom meetings at any time, unless you have a waiting room, where you “grant access.”)
- Direct assistance from the OeL, including help from an instructional designer or instructional technologist, via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct assistance from IT via CAFNR IT or find your campus-specific IT request portal
- IT should be contacted for issues related to hardware, networking, and classroom technology. For more information, review IT’s Remote work resources FAQ.
- Not sure where to go? Submit a ticket to email@example.com and we will direct your request to IT if needed.
Student Access to Free Software
- Visit Student Access to Free Software to see options for your class.