When there is an appropriate need the university allows free, custom missouri.edu subdomain names. Please contact your local IT pro if you are interested in a unique domain name. (ex. subdomain.missouri.edu)
If you are interested in using university funds to register a domain name that does not include missouri.edu you should make requests through the university (after login select “Service Catalog” and search the catalog for “request a new domain”). Using a domain registry service outside of the university using your purchasing card could result in personal liability for this charge.
Core division content and faculty contact pages maintained by CAFNR Marketing and Communications
Each division has a method for requesting updates to content maintained by CAFNR Marketing and Communications. To request changes to division content or to a faculty contact page please contact your division point person.
- Animal Sciences (animalsciences.missouri.edu) – Kathy Craighead
- Applied Social Sciences (dass.missouri.edu) – Amy Moum
- Biochemistry – (biochem.missouri.edu) – Linda Knapp
- Food Science and Bioengineering (fsb.missouri.edu)–Secley Kennedy
- Natural Resources (snr.missouri.edu) – Cindy Greenwood
- Plant Sciences (plantsciences.missouri.edu) – Christa Smith
- Research Centers – Logan Jackson
- Dean’s offices – firstname.lastname@example.org
Extension content should be hosted using the NEXUS platform. To request service email email@example.com.
Free, self-managed faculty sites
- cafnrfaculty.missouri.edu is a free WordPress site for faculty within CAFNR. This site offers one simple MU theme that cannot be modified. Unique domain names are not available but subdirectories can be customized. The standard URL for these sites is https://cafnrfaculty.missouri.edu/subdirectory. Faculty can request a site by reviewing the acceptable use policy and completing the request form.
- faculty.missouri.edu is a free straight html site for all MU faculty hosted by Arts & Sciences. Unique domain names are not available and subdirectories default to faculty username. The standard URL for these sites is https://faculty.missouri.edu/username. Faculty can request a site by filling out the form on the A&S website.
External Preferred Web Vendors
The university has a number of preferred vendors who are available to hire for website development and support services. If you opt out of using a preferred vendor, you will need to contact procurement to begin the normal RFP process. More information can be found on the Supply Chain website.