Please review this page for details, dates and instructions on system wide IT changes.
Microsoft Multi-factor authentication (MFA)
Early registration available now. Login using yourUsername@umsystem.edu for the username.
- MFA is now required for webmail. The tentative go-live date for all CAFNR email clients requiring MFA is tentatively scheduled for May 27.
- This is different than Secureauth that we currently use for PeopleSoft, HR , Canvas or other campus resources. Microsoft MFA will likely replace Secureauth in the future.
- You will need to complete a one-time registration process to get started. Please register in advance. Use yourUsername@umsystem.edu to login.
- Your passcode can be retrieved in one step through the Microsoft Authenticator mobile app, or through a text message or phone call. MFA Instructions.
More information about the multi-factor authentication process is available in the Email/Microsoft Office 365 Login Information page.
Available now! Teams 101 live demos (May 19-27)
Microsoft 365 products are available to active UM System faculty, staff and students. Please visit the Microsoft 365 Resources page for full details on what is available in O365 or select one of the links below for details on some of the Office products that may be new to you. To access O365 go to https://portal.office.com and log in using email@example.com with your MU password.
- One Drive*: file storage (5TB), file sync and collaboration.
- Teams: instant messaging and collaboration tools. Teams is replacing Skype for Business. Teams includes 5TB of Team OneDrive storage.
- Planner: lightweight project management application
*If you use Endnote or Onenote, please contact our IT pro before moving your files to OneDrive.
On June 1 Skype for Business will be disabled for all campus and system users.