Representing CAFNR Staff and Recognizing Staff Accomplishments
The CAFNR Staff Advisory Council’s primary goals are to
- Provide a voice for CAFNR staff with leadership and faculty
- Offer guidance and support
- Recognize staff accomplishments
- Support professional development
- Organize fun events to bring staff members together
- Engage with the local community through fundraising and donations
- By-laws (Word)
Connect With UsProvide Feedback
Tell us your needs! We support honest and open communication. Do you have a comment, question or concern? You are invited to use this online form either by name or anonymously. If you submit your email, a council rep will respond.
More ways to keep in touch with council activities include the CAFNR Staff Advisory Council Facebook page and the STAFNR Snapshot Newsletter.
CAFNR Divisions and Current Staff Advisory Council Members
- Kristi Cook, Plant Science & Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matthew Fleming, Deans Office, email@example.com
- Angie Hake, Biochemistry, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secley Kennedy – Chair; Food, Nutrition, Exercise Sciences, email@example.com
- Jessica Manley, Plant Science & Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michelle Niemeyer, Office of Advancement, email@example.com
- Rebecca Wehrman, CAFNR Admin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to get involved? Please contact the Council Chair.
CAFNR Staff Advisory Council members are not eligible for the Staff Council awards.
Above and Beyond
Each quarter the CAFNR Staff Advisory Council will send out an email call for nominations looking for staff members who have gone that extra mile in their collaborations for the greater good. Nominee must be a full-time benefit eligible, non-faculty, employee of CAFNR for at least 6 months. Current CAFNR Staff Council members are not eligible. One winner will be selected from the nominations to receive a cash award of $150 deposited with their paycheck. (Subject to payroll taxes)
Staff Enrichment Award
All benefit-eligible, non-faculty employees who have worked in CAFNR for at least 6 continuous months when their proposed event/project occurs are eligible to submit a proposal. Proposals are considered on an individual basis only. Multiple individuals may apply to attend the same event, but separate applications are necessary. Group applications will not be considered for funding, unless special notice is made. Current CAFNR Staff Advisory Council members are not eligible for funding. Previous recipients are not eligible for new funding for 1 year after the original activity.
Staff Excellence Award
Each year, we present two exceptional staff members (one exempt and one non-exempt) with the Staff Excellence Award. The staff members are honored at the Celebration of Excellence dinner and are given a $1000 cash award.